Welcome

The Bluff Grass - Interesting real-life incidents, funny experiences, travel, photography, reviews, poems, and more. Read, interact and make this a useful hang-out spot. You can post your comments, suggestions, and critiques under the respective blog topics.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Caught Special - 2

Once in a while I get the opportunity to click something special. An attractive frame of scenery, a rare moment of incident or action, an unusual view of a common perspective, a snap of poetic feel and depth, a picture-perfect still, or even an impressive blend of colors with a rustic or a glossy finish.  

This is a series posting such pictures I captured. The pictures are original and without any post-processing.  You can also see my thoughts about the picture and the camera used for snapping. 

Under the Labels list on the right hand side, click on 'Caught Special' to see all postings in this series. Click on pictures to see full size view.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Special thoughts:
We were at Srirangapatna on a company picnic. We came back to Bangalore towards evening, after visiting the spots like Gumbaz etc. in Srirangapatna around lunch time on that day.

Later that evening, there was this news on TV that people in Chennai had witnessed a dark ring around the sun on the sky the same afternoon. It was said to be a 'sun halo'.

Later, at night when I downloaded the photos from my camera I noticed this surprise catch, a lucky snap. At the Gumbaz  in Srirangapatna, I was taking a picture of the one of the minarets there with the sky in the background. The frame I set was not including the sun in it, but had the sun just outside it. But what I saw in the picture when I downloaded it to my computer was that ring around the sun! An accidental, lucky catch!
 
Date: 11/Jul/2010, 1:30 PM ~~ Camera: Nokia X6

 The news text found on The Hindu newspaper's website published these details.
Photo on The Hindu website.

And a YouTube video can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comments or questions. Thank you.